We have pretty much completed the third floor, aka the baby’s room.
Carpet is in. Painting was completed. I had even begun to hang pictures on the wall and set up the knick-knacks. I even put all the bedding on. We were to paint the third floor bathroom this week and more or less, be finished with finishing (ha) the third floor.
Around 11:15pm tonight, our third floor “smoke/monoxide” alarm went off. We rushed upstairs to discover that water was streaming (aka POURING like a vertical river) through the alarm and onto our freshly installed carpeting. Not only that, the whole ceiling is leaking. Leaking as in, we had to empty bins and bins of stored items to provide enough “bucket space” for the water. It’s a disaster.
And it’s supposed to rain for the next three days, according to the weather report. Awesome.
Yes, we have homeowners insurance but our deductible is high enough that it won’t cover this damage so we’ll be paying out of pocket for it all. 😦
Yes, life could be worse. We could live in a hut in Ethiopia with a bowl of rice and a baby on the way. (This is what Hubby said trying to console me as I sobbed and sobbed while mopping up the carpet with a towel.)
We’ve had some issues with leaking areas before… they were mainly caused by clogged gutters. Once we had fixed that, the leaking stopped.
The other month our neighbors had a really bad leak in their ceiling. We live in a building with two other “townhomes”. I’m beginning to wonder what imbeciles installed our roof… right?
Anyways. I feel better getting this off my chest and into the World Wide Web. I’m off to go upstairs and cuddle my blankie and pray that it doesn’t rain the next few days. And that my contractions stop. I’ve had two in the last 20 minutes or so… This is SO not the night to be in labor. (Ha. Ha. Ha.)
<center><a href=”http://multiplesandmore.blogspot.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/lanik58/Mulitples%20and%20More/QOTW-button.jpg”/></a></center>
Question of the Week from the Multiples…and More! Blogsite: Name 5 small successes in your life from the past week. (and yes, laundry counts!)
1. Laundry. In anticipation of my family’s visit from the Big City, we did a lot of cleaning up around here which led to LOADS and LOADS of laundry. We’ve still got a couple piles hidden in the basement but we probably did about ten loads between Tuesday and Friday afternoons… Go us!!
2. Hung some frames & pictures. Our room is hardly decorated at all. I recently purchased frames from Pottery Barn Kids that would match our bedroom and so we got them hung up. No pictures in them yet, but at least they are hung & ready!
3. Packed for the Hospital. We’re all packed for the hospital. I did have to take the girls’ black stretchy pants out of their bag so they could wear them last night, BUT other than needing to now wash those and repack, we’re all set to jet off to the hospital when we need to. 🙂
4. Made a Curtain for our kitchen window. Actually, I made two. But the first curtain turned out to be about four inches too short on each side. So I went to the fabric store for something different (I had used some leftover fabric from an upstairs curtain I made last year) and ended up finding some great fabric for only $3/yard (originally it was over $12/yard) Thank you Veterans Day Sale!! 🙂 So I made a new curtain and it actually looks better & goes with the curtain much better than the first one. Now I just need to make some slipcovers for the barstools and we’ll be set.
5. I’ve been nice to my mom this whole weekend (So far. They leave this afternoon. Who knows if something will go down at breakfast, haha.) even though she’s been a total bitch. Go me for not being the one to act like a child!! 🙂
Five Small Successes. 🙂
33 Weeks Pregnant. WOW!!! I’m almost there!
And I’m feeling incredibly fat because I officially weigh more than I ever have in my entire LIFE. I gained SIX POUNDS in the last two weeks – !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I’m not sharing the official number from the scale, either. Sorry. 🙂
My doctor says it would normally be of concern but because Halloween just passed it might be residual leftovers from candy consumption and that if I have a huge weight gain in the next two weeks, we’ll talk more about it.
Awesome. (Seriously, why is there not a sarcastic font???? I’m so in need of one.)
I know, I know. It’s not just ME. It’s me PLUS another whole entire person… but I can’t help but feel like a fatty. (And not the fun kind of a fatty. Har har har.)
Boo Fatness. 😦